The 2021 Responsive Grant application is now closed
The Catholic Foundation solicits applications and awards grants annually within the 23-county Diocese of Columbus, Ohio, to the following organizations:
- Parishes – can apply to Parish Life, Catholic Education & Faith Formation, and Social Service Pillars
- Catholic Schools – can apply to Catholic Education & Faith Formation Pillar
- Invited Religious Orders – can apply to Vocations Pillar
- Invited Non-profit Organizations within the Diocese of Columbus, Ohio – can apply to Social Service Pillar
Despite great need, the Foundation does not consider proposals from individuals, colleges, universities, seminaries, hospitals nor organizations outside of the Diocese of Columbus. Grants are made only to organizations with a federal tax-exempt status.
The Catholic Foundation Responsive Grants Cycle for 2021 is closed open. The deadline for applications was 5PM on October 1, 2021.
For information about upcoming deadlines, please review the grants timeline.
TYPES OF PROJECTS CONSIDERED FOR RESPONSIVE GRANTS
The grant committees weigh the needs identified and the potential of the project to address those needs. They favor projects that are financially sustainable over time, projects that are collaborative, and projects that have financial support from more than one source. Applications for projects or programs that address serious needs through innovative as well as proven approaches are welcome. These include (but are not limited to):
- Maintenance & Repair Needs (only for schools, parishes and social service agencies)
- Evangelization Efforts (only for schools and parishes)
- Program Development
- New Staff Positions
- Training Opportunities
- Equipment & Resource Materials
- Project Reimbursement Within One Year Prior
The Foundation does not consider requests for:
- Capital Campaigns/Endowments
- Scholarships/Tuition Assistance
- General Support of Well-Established Programs
For complete details on responsive grant eligibility, types of projects accepted by pillar, funding opportunities and application requirements, please read the Grant Guidelines.