Ronald C. Sullivan Scholarship Fund
Ronald Sullivan valued faith, education, business and duty. This was the motivation behind the Ronald C. Sullivan Scholarship Fund.
Ronald Sullivan was a man of faith. He was a faithful member of Our Lady of Victory Parish and attended Mass on a regular basis. He considered his Catholicism the foundation of his identity.
Mr. Sullivan also saw a college education as a key to success. He was a lifelong Buckeye spending his formative college years as a student at The Ohio State University, a member of Delta Chi Fraternity, and an avid OSU sports fan.
Ronald Sullivan was also a successful businessman and investor. He started an insurance brokerage firm that he sold at the young age of 55. He then became a day trader and used the public library as his office (these were the days before the internet). He spent his time at his “office” researching companies and making investments, and this is where he found his most success.
More importantly, he was a man of duty and responsibility. He served in the U.S. Army in Germany. Mr. Sullivan also exemplified the 4th Commandment. He honored his parents in every way to the point that he purchased his family home and cared for them both until their passing.
The purpose of this fund is to provide scholarship grants to Catholic students who attend or will be attending The Ohio State University.
Eligibility Requirements and Criteria
- Must be a active member of St. Andrew Parish, Columbus, Ohio; St. Agatha Parish, Columbus, Ohio;, Our Lady of Victory Parish, Columbus, Ohio; or St. Christopher Parish, Columbus, Ohio
- Must have primary residence in the Tri-Village area of metropolitan Columbus, Ohio, which includes Grandview Heights, Marble Cliff, Upper Arlington (south of Fishinger Road), and areas of Columbus west of the Olentangy River and west of Riverside Drive between Fifth Avenue and Lane Avenue
- Must be enrolled or about to be enrolled at The Ohio State University
- Must be a practicing Catholic as verified by a letter from a parish leader, such as a priest, deacon, pastoral associate or youth minister
- Must maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA at The Ohio State University to renew scholarship
- Must submit an official High School Transcript with your submission
- An essay is not required for this scholarship application, please leave that field blank
Amount of Award
This fund provides up to four scholarships annually. Students may receive this scholarship up to three consecutive years after the initial award with proper documentation. Scholarship awards and amounts will vary, depending on availability of funds. Scholarship awards are made payable directly to the institution of enrollment on the student’s behalf, for the purposes and expenses associated with tuition, fees, textbooks, and required supplies and equipment.
If you have any questions or concerns please reach out to our VP of Grants, Dan Kurth, at firstname.lastname@example.org.