The Nativity of Mary Scholarship Fund
The Nativity of Mary Scholarship Fund was established in memory of Mark Vonder Embse and Marcus & Eleanor McEllistrem for the propagation of the Catholic faith and devotion to our Blessed Mother.
Eligibility Requirements and Criteria
In order to qualify for this scholarship prospective students must:
- Be a rising 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grade student.
- Attend any Catholic High school in the Diocese of Columbus during the upcoming school year. For example, a current 8th grade student planning on attending Bishop Watterson as a freshman in the 2022-2023 school year is eligible.
- Provide a letter of nomination from a community leader, such as clergy, youth minister, or any leader who can attest to the applicants active involvement in the Catholic Faith.
- Write an essay describing the applicant’s devotion to the Blessed Mother (in 500 words or less).
- Provide a copy of their FACTS Tuition Assistance or other documentation submitted to the Diocese demonstrating financial need.
Amount of Award
Awards from the Nativity of Mary Scholarship are $2,000 per year.
For the academic school year 2022-2023, applications will be accepted for rising 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th grade students. A scholarship will be awarded to one student per grade level. Provided that these students remain in good standing and continue to attend a Catholic high school in the Diocese of Columbus, the scholarship will be renewed each year until that student graduates. Beginning in the academic school year 2023-2024, only rising 9th grade students will be eligible for the scholarship. The scholarship will be renewed each year until graduation as long as that student remains in good standing and continues to attend a Catholic high school in the Diocese of Columbus.
If you have any questions or concerns please reach out to our VP of Grants, Dan Kurth, at firstname.lastname@example.org.